Tuesday, January 17, 2012

40 days, my yoga mat, my juicer, the cosmos and me!

I have decided to do the 40 days Winter Feast for the Soul with a twist. The Winter Feast for the Soul consists of doing meditation or your spiritual practice for 40 minutes each day for 40 days. I have been thinking to do a long juice fast as well, and what better timing, I am also doing a Juice Feast for the 40 days, as well as reconnecting with my Asana practice (Yoga) everyday.

So it is for the next 40 days, my yoga mat, my juicer, the Cosmos and I are going on a Journey!

I started on the evening of January 15th, 2012.

Let the transformation begin!


Day 1: January 15th, 2012

For the first time in many years I feel I am up to the challenge, not so much challenged by the challenge if you know what I mean. I feel supported and carried, I don't feel that inner battle of doubt, fear and self-consciousness, all the if's and but's, all the chatter of just not being sure if I can do it or not.

I was listening to the radio as I folded laundry and they were talking about Resolutions, about the fact that if you announce it to the world at large, you may have a better chance of accomplishing your Resolution.

So here I am, the last person on earth I thought to have a Blog, creating one, to inspire and support myself through the next 40 days.

I started the meditation and yoga practice during the day. I started the Juice Feast at night with a delicious green juice I made out of cucumber, celery, mint, pineapple, wheatgrass (16OZ).

Feeling encouraged and determined to transform my self from the inside out!


Day 2: January 16th, 2012

The cosmos is already at play.... today is my Mother's Birthday! and the first full day of my Juice Feast. Interesting to think of my Mother, of my roots, of where I come from and where I am today, on this my first day of the Juice Feast. I am grateful for her love and support, for all my ancestors that came before my her that made this precious body and soul. I am grateful for the strength I feel surrounds me and for the synchronicity the cosmos brings forth.

Morning: 2 oz of wheatgrass juice in a 8 oz glass of water.
Half hour later: Arugula, Green apple, pineapple, celery, cilantro, ginger, garlic. 16 oz.
Mid morning: Spinach, carrot, cucumber, garlic, apple. 8 oz.
Lunch: 4 oz. of wheatgrass juice in 16 oz glass with coconut water.
Mid Afternoon: Cucumber, carrot, beet, grapefruit, ginger
Before Yoga: 2 oz. wheatgrass in 8 oz of water
Dinner: 8 oz. Hot water with unpasteurized Miso.





No comments:

Post a Comment