Friday, March 2, 2012

I am claiming the weekends!

Good night my dear silent readers... I know you are out there, I speak with you on a one on one... maybe one day you will speak out! but until then....

I am claiming the weekends as family time once more!, and I will be happily writing again on mondays.

The weeks have flown by, and I must say I look forward to writing every night. The blog is here to stay, but it will change and grow as we all do.

In the meantime, here is a taste of kirtan music to carry you through your weekend....
www.yogajournal.com/kirtansampler


"Kirtan is mantra meditation as song. The Sanskrit word man means mind, while tra means to free. Mantra meditation calms your mind of fear and anxiety, and opens your heart to reveal your spiritual nature of eternity and bliss.  The process of kirtan involves singing sacred mantras to the accompaniment of musical instruments.


There are so many artists, so many styles, find your groove and rock on!
__
"Chanting is a way of getting in touch with yourself. It's an opening of the heart and letting go of the mind and thoughts. It deepens the channel of grace, and it's a way of being present in the moment."
Krishna Das 

__

No comments:

Post a Comment