Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 26: meet my carnivore singing the Wheat belly song!




Meet my dear carnivore... my husband who has watched me change and grow for the past 4 years in more ways than he ever dreamed of in his wildest dreams. Now he knows he's got a special wife. But in the last 2.5 years, he's really expanded his definition of 'special'.

He has supported me all along, hesitant and suspicious of the path I have chosen... that is until a few months ago!!!

Finally, he read "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.Dand I could see his head shake and his brain twist out of his head as someone else, with "scientific proof and data" told him what I had been saying for the past 4 years...

He has been inspired! and went on to read "Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health" by William Davis, MD and is now singing the "Wheat belly" song out loud and clear!. It's quite beautiful to witness his own growth and changes as his awareness on the subject expands...



Now, I am a firm non-believer in diets! But I am proof of the 'side effects' wheat has on the body and I do believe the extreme processing of it has done a lot of damage in our society. I also believe, it's time we take our health into our own hands, to find out what really works for you on your path to optimal health.

I am thankful for the changes he now seeks. He has lost weight, has a lot more stamina and energy, his skin glows and looks at least 5 years younger!

So if it's possible for my carnivore, who likes his meat rare and now rarely eats meat. It's possible. He is not vegan. But his new understanding of the effects of animal protein and wheat on the body, leads him to make different choices.

For our family and friends, it's been quite the ride to witness the carnivore and the raw vegan coexist happily under the same roof! Well, friends, family and reader out there... we are going on a ride! Where it will lead us no one knows...

I do know one thing... sometimes we change paths or in ways those around us are not ready to join in just yet. But we must trust that our changes our necessary for our own growth, even if isolating at times. We must trust that our loved ones will change at their time and that truly lasting change comes from within. Nobody can convince anyone of nothing, only you have the wisdom to know what you seek and need. We must trust that it's all good, RAWlly good!

__
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
__
Morning: Cucumber, Celery , parsley, apple. 16 oz.
Soon After: 5 oz wheatgrass in 8 oz of water.
Mid morning: Cucumber, celery, kale, lime, apple, coconut water, 5 oz of wheatgrass. 40 oz.
Lunch: Carrot, orange, ginger. 40 oz.
Dinner: 2 cups of hot water with Unpasteurized Miso.






No comments:

Post a Comment