Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 37: Lady Luck came to me... and a bird pooped on my face!!!

Lady Luck came to me today, teaching me about the beauty and healing powers of laughter. Not just the friendly smile, deep gut belly hurting laughter that makes you cry, that doesn't let you speak, that doesn't let you laugh anymore because your abdomen hurts so much. OH! so good.


I haven't laughed this way in a long time. It has been a good teaching to let it all go and feel it deep in my gut. So thank you Lady Luck for the happy laughter.... that is until we got outside and oh my god! what! as I am strapping my toddler son into his seat I feel this splat on my face near my eye, I was ready to get my other son in trouble because I thought he had thrown snow at my face, when I heard him scream in laughter .. "Mama, mama a bird just pooed on your face!!!".... baaaahhhhhhhhhh .. so what do you do next? but burst out laughing yet again at the absurdity of the moment. Think of all the things I had to do today to be at the right place, at the right time, for a bird to poo on my face. Pretty unbelievable.


Laughter is a powerful antidote against stress, pain, and conflict. It is said that "nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh". Laughter lightens the heart, relaxes the body, boosts the immune system, releases endorphins, and keeps us grounded. 


I certainly feel that way today. Light in my heart, grounded, connected with myself and those around me.


When was the last time you had one of those tear breaking, good belly rolling laughs? seek them, find them, make them happen.... they are so worth it. Let me know what absurdity life brings to you to take your laughter to the next belly roll over!
__
Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”- Unknown.
__


Morning: Spinach, carrot, celery, apple, ginger. 40 oz.
Before Lunch: 3 cups of hot water with Unpasteurized Miso.
Lunch: Carrot, kale, celery, cucumber, asparagus, garlic, ginger, apple, pear. 50 oz.
Before dinner: Cup of hot water with Unpasteurized Miso.
Dinner: Collard, celery, cucumber, cilantro, ginger, green apple, 5 oz wheatgrass. 40 oz.
As I write: cup of hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment